Friday, December 17, 2010

Evaluation: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Since the preliminary task I feel I have developed a lot as that was just a starting point. The preliminary task allowed me to learn the basic skills for filming and editing and I have now been able to develop these and progress.

What I have learnt:
·         Greater knowledge about the different shots that can be used and the affect these have on the audience.
·         Learning how to use a new editing programme; Pinnacle and the different things you can do on it.
·         Thinking more carefully about location and how this can improve a film.
·         Considering the different characters and how an audience relate to them.
·         The importance of continuity and the different shots that help this such as; Match on action.

The preliminary task enabled me to learn the basic skills that come with filming and taught me how to use match on action effectively. This is something that we used within our final product and we used a match on action of the main protagonist walking through the door.
Also from the preliminary task I have taken the tracking shot which shows a character walking with the camera following as I feel this is important and it sets the scene and shows what is happening.
This is our match on action and something which we took from the preliminary task and used in our final horror film.

No comments:

Post a Comment