Friday, October 8, 2010

My Chosen Genre

I have to chosen to create the opening sequence to a horror film, I feel that this will be easy for an audience to identify through the Micro and Macro features. I can use horror iconography such as masks, blood and knives to portray the genre, and by killing of a character this will help to show the genre. You can also use a variety of camera angles and lighting effects to add effect; for example dark eerie lighting.


For example in this screen shot from saw, it uses green filters to create and eerie effect alongside a low close up angle to show the horror of the film. The head trap is part of the horror iconography and helps to represent the genre.


The typical audience for horror films is usually teenagers this is because they enjoy the thrill of watching them. A majority of the people that watch horror films are males as they enjoy the different aspects.
I will look at a few openings to horror films to see what makes them effective. I will also carry out some other research methods to see what interests teenagers in horror films and these will help me to understand what attracts and audience to horror films.

No comments:

Post a Comment